Sunday, February 22, 2009

New fabrics

I bought some knit fabrics during the month and all arrived last week. I renewed my Vogue Fabric subscription and while online renewing I decided to look at some of the clearance fabrics. Here's what I purchased.

The yellow is a nice polyester knit with nice body and not very drapey. The other fabric is a brown and white with orange/brown border running down both selvages. Feels great and is rather drapey.
I participated in the Sewing Studios week long sale which ended last Sunday. I acquired two knit fabrics which I believe are a poly and cotton blend. The colors are coral and melon. I was surprised how well they went with the yellow knit from Vogue. Here's a shot of these three fabrics together. I have a Kwik Sew pattern in mind to make a dress from all three knits.
Photo courtesy of Kwik Sew.com

8 comments:

  1. I really like the look of that brown print! And the color-blocked dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you KNOW I like the color blocked dress! *LOL* And in a knit...I never thought of that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fabrics, I wonder do they have any of those in their store. I may have to take a ride to Vogue this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful colors, they remind me of sherbet. Just luscious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this pattern! I've always liked color block and the fabrics you have chosen will look fab! Have fun creating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your fabric selection as well and they would look great in that pattern! can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...