Thursday, August 28, 2008

Facing changes

I posted here about the facing for this dress.
This is the facing pattern piece that is used for both the sleeveless and the 3/4 sleeve dress.


I can understand using this facing shape for the sleeveless dress but not for the one with the sleeves. It would be too much underarm material and seam thickness if used as shown her.I changed the pattern by eliminating the underarm part and squaring up from bottom edge. The revised pattern piece looks more like this:

Here is shot of the facing attached to neckline:

1 comment:

  1. Those pattern companies are so lazy! How ridiculous to add that entire facing piece to the underarm! I learned that the armscye for a sleeveless top must be shaped differently from the same top with sleeves. This year I purchase three patterns that have the same armscye for sleeveless and sleeves. And the one that I've made didn't fit! They really do want our garments to look home-made!

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...