Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sewing journey for today

I still need to hem my dress. Just wasn't in the mood to complete that task.


I wanted to get a start on making some knit tops. I pin fitted three knit tops yesterday evening and finished today. They are all three patterns I have not made before. The Marcy Tilton Vogue top were adjusted for shoulder width and making a little more petite able in the upper chest area. The pattern pieces are very unusual shape and required single fabric layout for cutting. I used a coral jersey purchased earlier this year from Gorgeous Fabrics.


I then cut out the Jalie 2794 pattern and decided to make a FBA. I have only sewn on Jalie pattern and was not real happy for the outcome. I really am not sure if they run small or large or close to size. I used a size Y through the neckline and shoulder area, enlarging to AA for the bust/waist/hip areas. I decided to use a knit remnant, again fabric I purchased last year from Gorgeous Fabrics. I made a dress for this knit previously and had enough left over to cut out for this top. If this proves to be the correct size, I will make another using a black/yellow/gray/white geometric print knit I acquired from EOS last year. I have been waiting for the right pattern to call out for this fabric.


I then traced a tank top from another KS pattern I have had for awhile. I could have used the pattern that I just recently made but thought I wanted to see how this pattern is running in size. This newer pattern has two other tank top front views that I want to try also.


This will probably conclude my sewing related activities this week as I will be traveling to DC again this week. Tomorrow after work I will spend time packing so probably will not get much done in the way of sewing tomorrow. I leave Tuesday, mid morning, driving to DC where I will be Tuesday night, Wednesday and leaving late Thursday returning home.


Here is a photo of the Marcy Tilton Vogue knit top pattern laid out on the fabric. You can see the unusual pattern piece shape.





No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...