Saturday, March 29, 2008

Decision made



I decided to make View A of this Kwik Sew pattern 2759. I went through more of my pattern collection and when I saw the lacy tank top with short sleeve cardigan, the light bulb clicked on!

As noted in a previous post, I needed stretch lining for the tank top so I visited EOS website and found two Ivory knit linings. I ordered a couple of yards of both for this and future needs. They should arrive early next week. I don't plan to line the cardigan as I don't see a real necessity to do so for this garment.

This afternoon I traced the front and back pieces of the tank top pattern, made a FBA, raised the underarms, made the swayback adjustment as well as forward shoulder adjustment. I also increased the length by one inch using the shorten/lengthen line on the pattern. I then traced the front and back pieces of the cardigan and will make appropriate adjustments for this garment tomorrow.

I also plan to cut out the Burda skirt pattern again in a RPL fabric that I purchased from Deepika of Pattern Review about a year or more ago. The fabric has been washed and was put back in my fabric collection as whatever project I thought I was going to use it for did not materialize. Heck, I cannot remember even what I was going to use it for!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I used this Kwik Sew pattern about 8 or 9 years ago to make a tank as part of twinset! And now to see you using it is amazing...it is part of your pattern stash or did you just recently purchase it?

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...