Monday, February 11, 2008

Blowed away!

Yesterday was going to be one of those days where I finished my dress, it only needed to be hemmed to be complete. I was also going to start on cutting out my jacket. Then the weather took over and we were without power from 3 pm on. At 5:00 AM this morning, my husband and I checked ourselves into a Ramada Inn that had power. The temps dropped to 17 degrees overnight. We were at least able to shower and be warm and get to work fighting our way through blocked off streets due to blown down trees and such blocking the roadways or even powerlines lying around. The prediction was that we would be without power for about 2 to 3 days.

The wind gusts were 50 to 70 MPH during the day on Sunday. Trees knocked down all over the area, causing power outages. Our neighbors tree fell and just missed our fence and coming over into our yard by a "smooch".

The extremely good news is that we have our power back; it was restored sometime during the day. So I went and got our things from the hotel and checked us out. It feels great to be back in my home with power, lights, computer and my machines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...