Saturday, January 12, 2008

M5466

I had thoughts about this being my next project. I posted here about drafting a similar dress from PMB and overlaying it onto the McCall's pattern. I pin fitted both the PMB bodice and the McCall bodice. PMB bodice is too short waisted, this is a measurement that I know I need to tweak with this software program. I normally make sheath style dresses so the waist line is not too much of a factor when using PMB. Interestingly the McCall's pattern was a little short waisted also.

I would need to make a FBA with the McCall's pattern. After pinning the front and back McCall's bodice I have decided that this neckline is just not going to be one that I will be comfortable wearing. It is just so wide and low. I can see myself pulling on the neckline/shoulder area.

My draft using PMB and then doing the manual adjustments to attempt to replicate the McCall's neckline, only making it higher, just does not work for me. I decided I will move on to something else. I want to make a dress and I pulled out some other dress patterns that I have and have narrowed my choices to three Vogue patterns and the Go Patterns-Sleeveless Dress.

Meanwhile I have cleaned up the sewing room and will start anew tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...