About to cut

The pattern pieces have been adjusted. The usual swayback, forward shoulder and FBA were made. For this FBA, I used the seam method of adjustment. This reduced the amount of slashing and cutting and then closing the dart and moving it to the gathers. With this method, I cut the seam allowance apart at the bust area and spread the seam allowance apart one inch.

I also lengthened the waist line area by one inch. The waistline was short on me. I plan to shortened the dress length and will use the shorten/lengthen line at the hip area.

I hope to find time one evening this week to lay out the pattern on the fabric and lining fabric. The pattern only calls for the upper bodice piece to be lined. I plan to line the entire dress.

I am still undecided about the jacket to make to go with this dress. Just not keen on the jacket included in the pattern. With all the jacket patterns I have in my stash, I am sure there will be one to emerge as the right one.

Comments

  1. If you find time to sew in the evening, I admire you!!! I always have hope that will happen at my house, but boy, do things come up at that time of day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

Out with the Old, In with the New

Sewing Interruptus!!!

Oh no!

Sewcialists

Sewcialists