Monday, December 31, 2007

Sewing today

I went into work this AM as I agreed to change my schedule to attend a meeting. One of the meeting participants called in ill so I worked a half day and took the other half off as vacation.

DH and I went to eat a late lunch. When we returned I started working on my skirt. I attached the lining and attached the skirt facing. I just read an article in the December Sew News by Linda Lee on using facings and attaching them in a way that it looks like a bias binding at the waistline. I almost decided to do that with this skirt but decided to postpone that for another day and another version.

I attached the lining to the zipper by hand sewing. All that is left to do is hem the skirt and the lining and attach a hook and eye above the zipper. Yeah!!!!

Tomorrow will be another sewing day. I am already thinking about my next two or three projects. I want to make another jacket, different style that I will also wear with this skirt. I have several knit fabrics that will go with this skirt as well as some other skirts/pants in my wardrobe and want to work on cutting those out. Lot of sewing ideas going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...