Sunday, April 29, 2007

Actually sewing!

I was able to get some sewing in this morning, yeah! I started on the KS top with the front gathers. It is similar to a top that Nancy W reviewed at Pattern Review. Hers was a Simplicity pattern I believe, but the technique of sewing the gathers were the same.

Thus far I have sewn fronts together, sewn the gathering stitches, applied the seam binding (twill tape) by pulling the gathering stitches to match key points on the tape and then stitched the tape with gathers into the seam allowance. I have applied bias fusible tape to front shoulders to allow for reduced stretching when sewing shoulder seams. I also applied fusible bias tape to front and back necklines as they will be turned and stitched down.

I had to stop at that point and hope to resume sewing this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...