Saturday, January 06, 2007

Sewing this week

Well I have not done the sewing I wanted to do this past week and particularly today.

I did work on the SB Knit top today. For simple patterns and truly easy to sew, it is taking me forever to get close to being finished. Prior to today, I had sewn the shoulders and the dart for this top. Today I sewed the neck binding which I basted to neck line three times! I really wanted it to be perfect and I admit that the last time was very good. I then serged the binding and pressed. I have now flat sewn the sleeves.

Tomorrow I will baste the sides and try on for final fitting before serging the sleeves and side seams. Then I should be able to hem sleeves and top and be done with it.

Next up---I have several projects going on in my head. They are:
  1. Simple jacket with side dart, decorative stitching embroidery down the center front, no closure.
  2. Vogue skirt with interesting back seaming.
  3. See list on sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...