Thursday, September 21, 2006

Completed skirt

The skirt is complete. It hung for over 24 hours before I could hem it. Actually the bias parts of skirt did not grow as I thought they might; perhaps it is the fabric. I will make another skirt. I did not do the flatlock stitching that I had originally planned to do with this fabric and with this skirt. Maybe on another one.

I need to play around with the flatlock stitch on my serger to see how it will do. I have not used it on this machine. I really have not done much in the way of flatlock stitching over the past many years I have had a serger.

Here are photos of the skirt. I tried to lighten it up some so you could see the front and front side yokes.





Here is the inside waistline with twill tape stitched down.

3 comments:

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...