Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Change of plans

Thanks for the comments about style of jacket to go with the skirt. I had several people email me and the suggestion was clearly to go with a fitted jacket. The more I looked through pattern catalogs the more I saw the boxy style jacket with pants not skirts. I have decided to make this jacket. This is Simplicity 4081, View B. The great thing about this patten is that it comes with front pattern pieces for B,C and D cups. Hopefully no FBA to make.

6 comments:

  1. I like this jacket better for that skirt.

    Hope to see you tomorrow night! Are you bringing Alma Marie for show and tell?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the is jacket too. I think it will be much more flattering with the skirt. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that jacket pattern too. But what I really want to know is how you're getting your fabric inside the line drawings?

    Have fun making the jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful choice. I have just glanced at the photos, I'll come back later to read. But I had to say that I love your second choice for the jacket. I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way this is going to look with your skirt - so much better! I'm looking forward to seeing this completed, it's going to look great with your fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should almost always make more fitted jackets. Nip that waistline! You've got the figure for it.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...