Sunday, April 30, 2006

Outfit complete

I completed the skirt!!!!Pictures soon, I hope.

I am pleased with the entire outfit together. The skirt fits well. I have not made a skirt in a long time that had a waistband. Most skirts I have made of late have elastic. Thus the skirt had some extras to it. I used a regular zipper instead of an invisible one. I really do like invisible ones better. This made me work on my zipper insertion technique for regular zippers, not used in a while.

I am now ready to cut out a dress pattern that is similar to a Vogue pattern I purchased but decided to make it from PMB. I drafted a back zippered sheath dress with neck, sleeveless and french darts. With PMB, the program always drafts facings for sleeveless styles. I am not going to use them as I plan to line the dress and the lining will take the place of the facings.

The inspiration for this outfit comes from the Talbots Catalog. Here is their dress.



This is the jacket. It is shown in another catalog with the v-neck sheath underneath. No buttons or closures. It is lined and I will line mine.

3 comments:

  1. Linda - what fabric are you planning on using for that great sheath dress? Can't wait to see the embellished suit. Gaylen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda -
    These are both very pretty. I just read something that said sheath dresses are a 'must have' right now. So, what are your colors\fabrics going to be?

    Your jacket and skirt look great, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, I am going to use a silk tweed in brown, beige, taupe color and a brown fabric to match the brown in the dress.

    ReplyDelete

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...