Sunday, February 05, 2006

Some sewing

I was able upon return from Big D visiting family to sew a little on the v-neck KS top last night. I used this fabric before and now remember that it is very stretchy to sew and not the best recovery. I decided to not follow the instructions for the neckband with the pattern but to use my TNT method based upon the Threads article written probably two years ago now. I gave a tip on Pattern Review to use this method.

This morning, early, before DH awoke I was able to spend a little time in my sewing room working on the top again. I basted the neckband and had to do this twice due to the stretchy fabric and being "sew" fiddley. It is now inserted and have sewn the side seams. But now DH is up and fixing breakfast. Got to run, bacon is about done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...