Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Woodstock not so Groovy!

I completed the Woodstock Tunic by Hot Patterns. Not the outcome I wanted. I am not having good success with size for this pattern line. I have used Glamour Girl size for all that I have made and though bust size is somewhat okay, shoulders and chest are way to large.

Pattern adjustments made with this tunic was narrowing the front and back shoulders, which I think I over adjusted. Reduce the bust depth was too long and perhaps could have lowered 1/2 inch. Sleeves drafted too tight on this, thus ended up taking 3/8 seams instead of the called for 5/8.

Fabric was horrible to sew. Dulled needles quickly. Fabric was a knited faux suede from Hancock's. I will probably wear around the house or perhaps give to my favorite charity, Goodwill Industries. Here are photos of the tunic, with one being a close up of the decorative neck facing. A more detailed review of this pattern can be found on Pattern Review. You can go to sidebar on this blog and click on My Pattern Reviews for the review of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...