Friday, November 25, 2005

Thanksgiving & Sewing

Got up early on Thanksgiving and did some finishing touches to SNF Jacket; buttonhole/button, tacking of certain facing areas. Job Done!!!! Yeah!!! Then went to big "D", Danville, to have T-day dinner with some long time friends and their family. Great time. Non-traditional dinner-had Brunswick stew, cooked on big pot on brick grill in they side yard. Was excellent!!! Of course had desert(s)-bananna pudding, cherries in the snow and coconut custard pie. Back to CURVES on Monday.

Working on Free Standing Lace (FSL) Bowls for Christmas presents. Using both the Janome 300E and my Designer 1. Boy! these bowls use a lot of emboridery thread since the bobbin thread must match also. Thus you can understand why so much thread gets used. Here is a site with lots of FSL Bowl designs. My favorite! http://www.bfc-creations.com

Also want to try machine stitching a "knitted" look scarf. This was talked about in our last ASG meeting. You can get an idea of how it will work from the last Sulky Book (name escapes me now). More embroidery thread to buy and use. http://www.sulky.com

While machines are embroiderying I will be tracing a few patterns for jacket and knit tops to then cut fabric. Hope to do some sewing later today and Sunday as we will be traveling Saturday to NC to visit my dad and his brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...