Sunday, November 27, 2005

Snatching Sewing Moments

On Saturday, traveled to Durham, NC to visit my dad. About a three hour trip there from Roanoke. We returned home around 7 pm, stopped for dinner on the drive back.

Spent about an hour in sewing room, finishing up an embroidery design that was on the last color stitch. Have two more designs to sew and will be able to complete my second FSL bowl for one gift for Christmas. More to go!!!

While that was stitching out, I cut out a knit, T-shirt pattern from a new pattern company called Hot Patterns. They are a start up pattern company who had some difficulties meeting the orders they received from it appears a gazillion people wanting to try yet another independent pattern company pattern. I got two of my three that I ordered. I've included a link with this posting. http://www.hotpatterns.com/

I made the usual forward shoulder/swayback adjustment to the pattern. I used a cotton/lycra blend fabric in a steel gray color; ordered it from Vogue Fabrics.

This morning, Sunday, I started on the top, sewing the shoulders, binding the neck, attaching sleeves to bodice. I have basted the side seams at this time and will try on later to determine how it fits. I know right off that it is a short t-shirt. Perhaps to short for me, so next time I will lengthened. The pattern comes in three sizes, I ordered the glamour girl size as it is sized supposedly for women with B/C and D cup sizes.

More on this later and hopefully with pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...