Monday, November 14, 2005

Photos-SNF Jacket-Simplicity 4698



I indicated in an earlier post that I was going to upload photos of my SNF jacket. These photos show the lining using the Stitch and Flip (SNF) method; and the look of the outside front. Interesting way of sewing a lining. I think this method speeds up making a jacket with a lining. The class focused on SNF and topstitching the lining after sewing to fabric pattern piece. One can eliminate the topstitching with this method if you 'sew' choose. I can see using topstitching and not.

The photos were taken about two weekends ago. With family visits and such on Sunday and limited time Saturday, I have SNF the sleeves and inserted one. I am further along than the pictures show. Have not taken shots of where I am now.

I love the fit of this jacket. I made an earlier version and did like the fit. I did not like the partial lining technique used with the pattern. So this SNF fits well for this jacket. This is Simplicity 4698.

More updates on progress and completion soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Sewing Simplicity 7295

 I am not doing well as a blogger. I have been working on this project since July 30. Today, I finally finished it. It has been a stop-and-g...